The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) designates the first week in May as Mental Health Week. This year, it runs from May 3-7, 2021, and the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) will join organizations across Canada in raising awareness about mental health.
The HCDSB Mental Health team has designated Get Real About How You Feel as the theme of this year’s Mental Health Week.
Daily Mental Health Themes
The HCDSB Mental Health team are suggesting a daily focus for each day during Mental Health Week:
Monday: Naming Our Emotions and Keeping it Real
Tuesday: Compassion for Self & Others
Wednesday: Positive Mindset
Thursday: Kindness is Contagious
Friday: Reaching Out
Mental Health Week Resources
- CMHA Mental Health Awareness Week
- HCDSB Mental Health Week
- School Mental Health Ontario
- HCDSB Learn at Home
- Fostering Mental Health & Well-Being: Parent Information Sessions
Join the Conversation Online!
Throughout the week, we will be sharing resources and tips while encouraging members of our HCDSB community to help support mental wellness. Join the conversation by following us on Twitter (@HCDSB) Instagram (@haltoncatholicdsb) and Facebook using the hashtags: #HCDSBMentalHealthWeek.
Mental Health Resources serving Halton
- ROCK Reach Out Centre for Kids (24/7) 905-878-8555
- Distress Centre Halton (Burl) 905681-1488 (Oak) 905-849-4541 (Halton Hills) 905-877-1211
- Kids Help Phone 1-800-668-6868 Text 686868
- Halton Regional Police for emergencies 911
- Halton Regional Police for non-emergencies 905-825-4777