HCDSB’s Thomas Merton Centre for Adult and Continuing Education is pleased to announce that registration for the 2022 Summer School program opens on Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
Summer School Details:
- Summer school will run July 4 – July 29, 2022. Two-credit co-op classes will run July 4 – August 10, 2022.
- Summer School courses will be offered in a virtual (remote) format asynchronously.
- Teachers will be available to support students between 8:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., from Monday to Friday.
- It should be noted that participation in summer school is completely voluntary, and is not a mandatory component of regular track programming.
Which Courses Will Be Offered This Summer?
A full list of current 2022 Summer School course offerings are now available online!
HCDSB students can also view the list of available summer school courses via myBlueprint.
Please be advised that information on the Reach Ahead Summer School program for Grade 8 students will be released shortly. Parents can contact their School Principal for more details.
How Can Students Register for Summer School?
HCDSB students can register online, beginning Wednesday, April 6th for the 2022 Summer School program through myBlueprint: www.myblueprint.ca/hcdsb . The deadline to register is Friday, June 24, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
NOTE: HCDSB student registration submissions must be approved by their home school guidance counsellor before students can be officially enrolled in a summer school course.
Enrollment in co-operative education or a dual credit program may vary, so please visit the Thomas Merton Centre website for more information on registration deadlines. Students who are enrolled in two-credit co-operative education will conclude their program on August 10, 2022.
Will Summer School Courses Count Towards the Mandatory E-Learning Credits?
Yes! Summer School courses are being offered as online credits and will count towards e-learning credits (graduation requirement).
Student Accounts and Parental Contact Information:
Some important information for students and parents:
- Students will be using D2L/Brightspace as their learning management system. Students are encouraged to log in to this platform prior to their online course to ensure they have access: https://www.hcdsb.org/students/remote-learning-platform-log-ins/
- Parents are also encouraged to update their contact information with their child’s home school to receive email communications from the Thomas Merton Centre.
For more information on the 2022 Summer School program, please visit the Thomas Merton Centre website at: Secondary Credits ~ Summer School.