We would like to provide you with the following important information and reminders:
- Cohorts A and B – Cohort A will consist of all students with last names beginning with the letters A-K; Cohort B will consist of all students with the last names beginning with the letters L-Z. These students will be attending school on alternating days as per the schedule noted below, and will also be engaged in synchronous learning and academic support as noted in the schedule below. *Please note that we may need to make exceptions to these distributions to maintain maximum cohort sizes of 15, but parents/guardians would be contacted directly if this is the case.
- Cohort C – will not attend school in the building but will participate in remote learning as part of their class. All parents/guardians who made the decision for your children to be part of this Cohort should have received a confirmation email earlier today from the school. If you did not receive this email, please contact the school at email@example.com or 905-875-0124.
- Daily Schedule – please see this attachment (this is a sample schedule for a typical Monday): BR Daily Schedule 2020 2021.pdf
- Weekly Schedule for Quadmester 1– The learning blocks remain the same everyday as noted in the Daily Schedule but the Cohorts and Periods change daily. It is important that students know their schedule. HCDSB-Secondary-September-2020-Schedule.pdf
- Attendance – all students are expected to be in their classes everyday and on time – whether they are attending virtually or in the building. Attendance will be taken for all periods of the day.
- My School Day App – we recommend students (and parents) download the app in order to input their daily schedules and to receive important information from the school. Please see the attachment about downloading the app. My-School-Day-App-School-Ad.pdf
- School Zones – the school has been divided into Zones. This is designed to minimize the contacts students will have during the school day. Students must remain in their zones at all times. Each zone has a designated entrance/exit and a washroom. Students must review the attached maps so that they are aware of which Zone they are part of. Map of Bishop Reding School Entrances and Zones.pdf
We will continue to share information with you over the next few days as we prepare for our return to school on Wednesday, Sept 9 – so please check your emails regularly.
Our staff is looking forward to welcoming our students back and remain committed to providing a quality Catholic education that is flexible and engaging – we look forward to creating and maintaining a strong sense of community and welcoming spaces in our schools and in our virtual classrooms.
Working together, we will ensure a safe, healthy and happy return to school for all!