We would like to thank all of our parents, guardians and students for your support during our Return to School last week! We had a few little bumps along the way, but working together, we were able to get most of these issues resolved. It was great to see our students again – whether in class or virtually!
We wanted to share the following additional updates and information with you as we begin our second week:
- Schedules – please see attached the full schedule for the first quadmester: BR – Quadmester 1 Weekly Schedule .pdf Please note that Monday is always Cohort A, Period 1 on site; Tuesday is Cohort A, Period 2; Thursday is Cohort B, Period 1 and Friday is Cohort B, Period 2. Wednesdays alternate – Cohort A, Per 1; Cohort B, Per 1; Cohort A, Per 2; Cohort B, Per 2. All other students join their classmates virtually during these blocks.
- Uniforms – all students are to be in full uniform at all times when they are in the building. Although we know some uniform items are on back order at ISW, many other items are now at the store waiting to be picked up. We ask that you please pick up all outstanding items by the end of the week so that students are in uniform by Monday, Sept 21. We will track the outstanding uniform items remaining as of Monday. Students not in uniform will be sent to the office. We thank you for your support!
- Cohort C Textbooks – students in Cohort C who require a textbook (based on the direction of the teacher) should come to pick up the book(s) on Tuesday, Sept 15 from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm or Wednesday, Sept 16 from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm. If you have concerns about textbook pickup, please email the VP Teresa Castellarin at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Academic Support – As part of a student’s daily synchronous learning, all students are expected to log into Virtual Academic Support from 12:45 pm – 2:00 pm. Staff will be available in department specific Virtual Academic Support Groups. This is a perfect opportunity to complete homework and ask questions as needed.
A few points of clarification:
- Student attendance will be recorded when they log into the Virtual Academic Support (VAS) Course shell in D2L, not by their participation in the breakout Teams Meetings by Dept.
- Once students enter the shell, they need to access the Dept. areas only if they have questions for teachers and require academic support. They may complete homework, study, review, etc.
- Students are not required to be in a Department Teams meeting for the entire time. On some days, they may not join any meetings– that’s OK, as long as they are logged into VAS on D2L.
- The focus for VAS is meant to be for their morning class, however, students may enter other Dept. Teams meetings if they need to, including the Special Education room, and ELL.