Online registration is available for students new to HCDSB entering Grade 9 to Grade 12!
Please note: Online registration is for new students only. If your child is already registered at an HCDSB school, you do not need to register online.
How Do I Register?
Grade 9 students (2021-2022)
- Visit our Grade 8 information Page for further instructions to register at Bishop Reding
Grade 10-12 students (2021-2022)
STEP # 1 – Registration with HCDSB
- Click on the Online Registration link.
- Hit ‘Sign in‘ on the top right-hand corner.
- Press the green button to ‘Create an account’.
- Once you have done this, you will be able to login with your personal username/email and password.
- Documents needed to complete registration (Birth Certificate, Proof of Address, Custodial Documents (if applicable), OEN #)
STEP # 2 – Retrieving Student Credit Counselling Report or Transcript
- Credit Counselling Reports or Transcripts can be retrieved by contacting your previous school and requesting that documentation. Bishop Reding Counsellors will need this information in order to confirm the pre-requisites for the courses chosen on the option sheet.
STEP # 3 – Option Sheet
- Download and complete all fillable sections. (Link will only be available starting March 1st, 2021)
- Save to computer.
- Ensure that all information has been recorded on option sheet.
- Upload document to Bishop Redings’ registration form in step #4.
STEP # 4 – Activity Fee
- Pay the activity fee of $65. In addition, save a copy of this proof of payment and upload document to Bishop Redings’ registration form.
STEP # 5 – Registration Form
- Complete Bishop Redings’ registration form
How do I know if this is my home school?
Not sure which school is in your boundary? Use the School Finder Tool here to determine your home school.
For more information, please visit the Board’s website.
New to Halton or Canada?
If you are new to Halton Region or Canada, and English is not your first language, we can help you register your child for school! Our Welcome Centre staff will provide the support and guidance you need. Learn more about how we can help newcomer students adjust to life in a new country.
Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations
In our Halton Catholic schools, we value the whole child, and create conditions that support the spiritual, intellectual, physical and emotional well-being of all students so that they may fulfill their God-given potential.
Students in our Halton Catholic secondary schools are called to embrace the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations as they work towards their diploma. These expectations define what students are expected to know, do and value when they graduate from our Catholic schools.
A Catholic school graduate is expected to be:
- a discerning believer formed in our Catholic Faith Community
- an effective communicator
- a reflective, creative, and holistic thinker
- a self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner
- a collaborative contributor
- a caring family member
- a responsible citizen
New to HCDSB Student Registration