All players should be sure to follow our Football Instagram page @cccss.football for all important information!
Parents and Student-Athletes should follow these directions below for the 3 football attachments:
- Government of Ontario Concussion Awareness Resource – Rowan’s Law Document
- Read the entire 15 pg. document.
- There is nothing to return to Coach Borchetta from this document.
- HCDSB – HCAA Concussion Code of Conduct for Interschool Sports Document
- Read the entire 6 pg. document.
- Keep pgs. 1 & 2 of the package for your records.
- Return pgs. 3, 4, 5, & 6 to Coach Borchetta at the first practice (must hand in to participate!).
- Secondary Interschool Athletics Form
- Read the entire 6 pg. document.
- Scan the QR code on pg. 3 for the 15 years of age student-athletes for more information.
- Keep pgs. 1, 2, 3, & 4 for your records.
- Return pgs. 5 & 6 to Coach Borchetta at the first practice (must hand in to participate!).
Equipment Pick Up will be during the morning on Monday, August 30th at the School:
- All players must bring in a $300.00 deposit cheque (made out to the school) to get equipment.
- If you only need a practice jersey and/or practice pants a $50 deposit cheque will do.
- The cheque does not get cashed. It will be returned when all equipment is received in full.
- Senior Players will pick up gear from 8:30am to 10:00am
- Junior Players will pick up gear from 10:00am to 11:30am
Equipment Pick Up Protocols:
- Show up at the doors behind the school above the football field.
- Wait outside wearing a mask on the Longhorns Logos painted on the concrete abiding by physical distancing protocols.
- We will allow 3 student-athletes in at a time to get their equipment.
- Coaches will help with fitting players properly.
- Afterwards, Coach Borchetta will track all numbers on gear before you can leave with your gear (no football lockers given out this week so bring a large bag to take gear home).
- When a player leaves, a Coach will direct the next player in to get gear.
- For the first week of Training Camp (Aug. 30th to Sept 3rd) the HCDSB has ruled that we cannot wear any football equipment to training camp to ensure that we all ease back into training safely. Please store equipment at home in a safe, clean, dry space!
Training Camp Practice Schedule:
- Monday, Aug 30th – Equipment Pick Up in morning at CC. No practice on Monday. Get forms ready!
- Tuesday, Aug. 31st – Practice at Alexander’s Turf Field from 9am to 12pm
- Wednesday, Sept. 1st – Practice at Alexander’s Turf Field from 3pm to 6pm
- Thursday, Sept. 2nd – Practice at Alexander’s Turf Field from 3pm to 6pm
- Friday, Sept. 3rd – Practice at Alexander’s Turf Field from 9am to 12pm
What To Bring Each Day?
- Wear athletic wear (t-shirt, shorts, football gloves if desired) to all practices!
- Wear cleats
- Bring a large water bottle with your first and last name on it! (2 litres recommended)
- Wear a mask and practice physical distancing while arriving at the field.
- Bring the 2 forms to be able to participate in the attachments here.
- Do your Covid Screening before attending practice just as you would to arrive at school. Show Coach your green checkmark on your phone with the date on it when you arrive at the field.
- Screening info can be found here – https://covid-19.ontario.ca/school-screening/
If you have a question, please contact Coach Borchetta at: BorchettaD@hcdsb.org
We look forward to starting football again!
Hook ‘Em Horns!!!
Longhorns Coaching Staff