The Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) will be celebrating International Day of People with Disabilities (IDPwD) on Thursday, December 3rd and throughout the week (November 30 – December 4, 2020).
Over the week, HCDSB schools will be participating in a variety of learning activities to raise awareness, and support the rights and significant contributions of persons with disabilities.
Spreading the Word Through #HCDSBDiverseAbility
Here are some of the themes and topics that will be recognized:
- Viewing disabilities (both visible and invisible) through a different lens
- Promoting meaningful acceptance and inclusion in our schools (i.e., building friendships and fostering independence)
- Celebrating intellectual disabilities
- Mental health related to disabilities
- Removing systemic barriers
HCDSB Ability Allies
HCDSB staff are celebrating disabilities, and sharing how they promote acceptance and inclusion in our schools and across our Board.
Click here to see a variety of videos from our HCDSB Ability Allies.