Confirmation of Daily Screening for Secondary School Students
Effective Monday, February 8th, secondary students attending in-person learning will need to provide daily confirmation that they have completed the self-screening and received a ‘pass’ to attend school. Any student who does not pass the School Screening Tool must stay home and self-isolate until they meet the criteria for return.
- A daily reminder sent to students each morning from the school. The reminder will include a link to the Ontario School Screening Tool.
- Students will be required to show their classroom teacher the “pass” confirmation on their personal device (e.g., phone, laptop) as they enter the classroom, or show a printed copy of the “pass” confirmation each day.
- Students who require the use of a school device to complete the screening are asked to report to the office or area designated by the school Principal prior to going to class to complete their daily screening.
- Parents and guardians of students requiring assistance, including students with special education needs, are asked to contact their child’s teacher to make arrangements for alternate ways to confirm that they have completed the Ontario School Screening and received a pass to attend school. This may include setting up an electronic practice, verbal communication, or the provision of paper copies of the screening tool that can be sent with the student in the morning.
- No student data (e.g., screenshot, pdf, paper confirmation, etc.) will be retained by the school.