The use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is one of the measures we will have in place in our schools to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
PPE is protective clothing or equipment designed to protect the wearer’s body from injury or infection. PPE can include gloves, masks, face shields, gowns, safety shoes etc.
Wearing of Masks at School
- Medical masks will be worn by all teachers and other school staff.
- All HCDSB students (K- 12) are required to wear non-medical masks/ face coverings at school. Reasonable exceptions to this requirement will be put in place (see below Exemptions for Mask Wearing).
Exemptions for Wearing Masks
Reasonable exceptions to mask wearing will be considered.
An exemption may be requested for a student in Grades K-12 for the following reasons:
- A pre-existing medical condition.
- A diagnosis or learning profile that would limit a student’s ability to tolerate or safely wear a mask, including whereby a mask would affect essential communication for a person who is hearing impaired.
- Other, as detailed by a healthcare practitioner.
If any of the above conditions apply to your son or daughter, please contact our School Office.