The Ontario Government is requiring school boards to offer voluntary, targeted COVID-19 testing sites for asymptomatic staff and students.
Who Can Be Tested?
- Testing is voluntary, and consent will be required from parents or guardians.
- Targeted testing is offered only for individuals who are asymptomatic (i.e. not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms).
During this second round of testing, voluntary COVID-19 testing will be available to:
- All students and their families
- All school staff and their household members
- All Child Care staff and their household members
- All Child Care families
Who Will Administer the Testing?
The Ministry of Education has arranged for the testing to be provided by a third party, LifeLabs. All appointments for testing will be booked through LifeLabs. As well, LifeLabs will provide staff and families with the information on how to obtain test results.
About the Test
LifeLabs uses a swab similar to a Q-tip that is inserted into the front part of the nostril and rotated for fifteen seconds (per nostril). Their trained staff will perform the test in a designated space in the school.
Health & Safety Protocols
LifeLabs will ensure that every mobile collection site adheres to the following health and safety protocols:
- PPE for Droplet Precautions will be worn by all staff working in the location
- Enhanced hand hygiene will be followed by the staff conducting the testing
- Hand hygiene for students and staff will be required before and after service is provided
- Disinfecting of the cubicles and chairs will be undertaken before and after each individual tested
- Surgical masks will be provided, if necessary
When and Where Will the Testing Take Place?
At HCDSB, the testing will be conducted using a Family of Schools ‘hub’ model, where the secondary school will be the testing site for each secondary school community and the associated elementary schools (see HCDSB Family of Schools lists). The schedule will rotate to each of the nine secondary schools over the course of a 3-week period, providing a testing site in Burlington, Oakville, and North Halton (Milton and Halton Hills) each week for one day.
The second round of testing for the Holy Trinity Family of Schools will take place as follows:
|DATE:||Wednesday, March 24, 2021|
|TIME:||3:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.|
*2:00 – 3:30 p.m. has been reserved for staff only, but staff are also welcome to come any time between the hours of 2:00 and 8:00 p.m.
|LOCATION:||Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School|
2420 Sixth Line, Oakville, ON L6H 5Z8
Booking an Appointment to Get Tested
Pre-registration will not be offered for the second round of voluntary COVID-19 testing.
If you are interested in getting tested, you are encouraged to walk-in for an appointment at the host school during the designated clinic hours.
More information about the LifeLabs EDU Targeted Testing program is available at: https://www.lifelabs.com/covid-19-updates/covid19-pcr-testing-for-schools/