The Ontario Government is requiring school boards to offer voluntary, targeted COVID-19 testing sites for asymptomatic staff and students.
Who Can Be Tested?
- Testing is voluntary, and consent will be required from parents or guardians.
- This voluntary testing is offered only for HCDSB students and staff who are asymptomatic (i.e. not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms).
- At this time, this testing is not being offered to family members, but if this option becomes available in the future, we will notify staff and families.
Who Will Administer the Testing?
The Ministry of Education has arranged for the testing to be provided by a third party, LifeLabs. All appointments for testing will be booked through LifeLabs. As well, LifeLabs will provide staff and families with the information on how to obtain test results.
About the Test
LifeLabs uses a swab similar to a Q-tip that is inserted into the front part of the nostril and rotated for fifteen seconds (per nostril). Their trained staff will perform the test in a designated space in the school.
Health & Safety Protocols
LifeLabs will ensure that every mobile collection site adheres to the following health and safety protocols:
- PPE for Droplet Precautions will be worn by all staff working in the location
- Enhanced hand hygiene will be followed by the staff conducting the testing
- Hand hygiene for students and staff will be required before and after service is provided
- Disinfecting of the cubicles and chairs will be undertaken before and after each individual tested
- Surgical masks will be provided, if necessary
When and Where Will the Testing Take Place?
At HCDSB, the testing will be conducted using a Family of Schools ‘hub’ model, where the secondary school will be the testing site for each secondary school community and the associated elementary schools (see HCDSB Family of Schools lists). The schedule will rotate to each of the nine secondary schools over the course of a 3-week period, providing a testing site in Burlington, Oakville, and North Halton (Milton and Halton Hills) each week for one day.
The first round of testing for the Holy Trinity Family of Schools will take place as follows:
|DATE:||Saturday, March 6, 2021|
|TIME:||9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|LOCATION:||Holy Trinity Catholic Secondary School|
2420 Sixth Line, Oakville, ON L6H 5Z8
Booking an Appointment to Get Tested
Staff and parents/guardians are encouraged to pre-register online, using the registration code provided by LifeLabs (this code will be emailed to all staff, parents and guardians). If this is not possible, walk-ins are accepted.
Please go through the following steps once you have received a registration code from your school.
1. Go to my.thrive.health on your desktop or mobile device.
2. Create an account using your email address. Create a password.
3. Verify your email address.
4. Click or tap Registering with a partner.
5. Enter your registration code (using the code provided in the letter from your school).
More information about the LifeLabs EDU Targeted Testing program is available at: https://www.lifelabs.com/covid-19-updates/covid19-pcr-testing-for-schools/
For a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Parents and Guardians, visit: https://lifelabs.azureedge.net/lifelabs-wp-cdn/2021/02/LifeLabs-Testing-in-Schools-FAQ-for-Parents-Registration.pdf