Holy Trinity Library & Learning Commons
Open Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (unless otherwise posted on library doors)
Early closure (3pm) first Tuesday of each month for Staff Meetings.
Ms. Trowsdale, Librarian
(For research assistance, check out these resources, or email TrowsdaleM@hcdsb.org)
Some of the online resources and ebooks linked from this page require a username/password.
Please ask the Librarian for this information or pick up a password sheet in the library.
- Holy Trinity Library Catalogue (If you have questions about using the new catalogue, please speak to Ms. Trowsdale.)
*Ask Ms. Trowsdale about inter-library loans within HCDSB.
- Loan Periods: 3 weeks for books (excl. reference books) and magazines; renewal available with items in-hand; 1 day for reference books; 1 period for chromebooks (in-library use only)
- Note: Some materials become non-circulating during projects at the request of teachers.
- Oakville Public Library Catalogue
- HCDSB Secondary Sources
(online databases – including EBSCO, Gale, Infobase, etc. – and selected websites curated by category providing access to online magazines, academic journals, newspaper articles, reference books, and more)
- EBSCOhost, Gale, and Infobase (incl. Learn360+Classroom Video) are platforms which provide access to multiple proprietary full text databases and popular databases from leading information providers, ranging from general reference collections to specially designed, subject-specific databases. Password protected.
- Access Learning provides access to educational video programs, searchable by grade level, keyword, topic, and curriculum subject. Password protected.
- The Maclean’s Archive is a searchable archive of every Maclean’s issue since 1905! It includes Canadian-focused editorial content with coverage supporting Canadian history, economics, social sciences, health, religion, business, creative writing & more. Password protected.
- Universalis Junior is a French-language database with built-in French and Bilingual French-English dictionaries to aid in student understanding. Password protected.
- EBSCO eBook Collection
- Gale eBooks
- Infobase eBooks (includes Bloom’s Guides)
- TeenBookCloud (includes audiobooks and enhanced ebooks)
- Salem Press: HT Collection
- Sora Overdrive
- Britannica School
- Canadian Encyclopedia
- Funk & Wagnall’s New World Encyclopedia (EBSCO)
- New Catholic Encyclopedia (Gale)
Citation and Style Guides
- APA Style Guide, 7th ed. (American Psychological Association)
- MLA Style Guide, 9th ed. (Modern Languages Association)
- Chicago Manual of Style Guide, 17th ed. (CMS)
Feel free to contact Ms. Trowsdale (TrowsdaleM@hcdsb.org) to book library time, or to request assignment-specific resource pathfinders and research presentations (please give advance notice for the latter two).
Access HCDSB Library Services to explore Staff Resources and request items from the Learning Resource Centre (see tutorial for booking through the new library catalogue). Please contact the Learning Resource Centre if you have any additional questions (LRC@hcdsb.org).Library Services