The transition from elementary school to secondary school is an exciting time for students and their families. Secondary Schools in the Halton Catholic District School Board offer programming for students in Grades 9-12 that is open to both Catholic & Non-Catholic students.
Our school provides opportunities that meet the needs and aspirations of all learners in a supportive, creative and innovative learning environment.
Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations
In our Halton Catholic schools, we value the whole child, and create conditions that support the spiritual, intellectual, physical and emotional well-being of all students so that they may fulfill their God-given potential.
Students in our Halton Catholic secondary schools are called to embrace the Ontario Catholic School Graduate Expectations as they work towards their diploma. These expectations define what students are expected to know, do and value when they graduate from our Catholic schools.
A Catholic school graduate is expected to be:
- a discerning believer formed in our Catholic Faith Community
- an effective communicator
- a reflective, creative, and holistic thinker
- a self-directed, responsible, lifelong learner
- a collaborative contributor
- a caring family member
- a responsible citizen
Registering in a Halton Catholic Secondary School
At this time, we do not yet offer online registration for secondary students. Registrations are made in-person at our school. Parents or guardians our asked to contact our school office to make an appointment to register your child for school.
For students new to HCDSB, and not transferring from one of our Catholic elementary schools; the following information is required at registration:
- Birth Certificate / Passport (Original)
- Proof of Address (Reliance Bill, Tax Bill, etc. – Original only)
- Proof of Guardianship / Custody – If Applicable
- Student Registration Form (Available in Guidance)
- Most current Report Card
- School Questionnaire – If coming from another High School
- $65.00 Student Activity Fee (Cash or cheque made payable to Holy Trinity Secondary School)
*Immunization records are not required to register your child in school, however students are required to be vaccinated or have a valid exemption. Report your child’s immunizations through the Immunization Reporting Form, available on the Halton Region Health Department website: www.halton.ca.
New to Halton or Canada?
If you are new to Halton Region or Canada, and English is not your first language, we can help you register your child for school! Our Welcome Centre staff will provide the support and guidance you need. Learn more about how we can help newcomer students adjust to life in a new country.
Student Services Contact Information
The Student Services secretary Mrs. Luciani will ensure that all student and parent inquiries are addressed. If you are interested in registering for Holy Trinity, please contact her to make an appointment.
Secretary: Mrs. Luciani
Contact: (905) 257 – 3534 ext. 2010
Guidance Counselors see students by alpha via surname:
Ms. Latimer: A-D
Mrs. Castiglione: E-K
Mr. MacPherson: L-Q
Ms. Waechter: R-Z & International Students
- Ms. Latimer – Department Head of Student Services (ext. 2011)
- Mr. MacPherson (ext. 2012)
- Ms. Waechter (ext. 2013)
- Mrs. Castiglione (ext. 2014)
New Student Registration