As Digital Citizens, users recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world. Students are required to demonstrate digital citizenship through the appropriate use of technology as outlined in our code of conduct. Our school’s Code of Conduct can be found on our school website.
Students are expected to log into Virtual Academic Support daily. Teachers will provide students with work to complete during the 75 minute period. Students need to log into the D2L Virtual Academic Support course as attendance will be taken through the D2L page login. Students who need to reach out to a teacher for specific support will access the Teams link from the D2L page. If a student does not require support during this period, they can use this time to complete their assigned homework after they have logged in through D2L. Do not save the Teams link to access the various classrooms. Students must log in only through D2L.
To successfully access Academic Support students will:
- Log into D2L with their @students email and enter the Academic Support subject room based upon the subject they need support in
- Students will not be admitted as guests into the Teams meeting if they use non-HCDSB emails- this is for safety and tracking purposes
- Do not let other students use your login or password
- If you have a question- access the Teams link by subject.
- The teacher will admit you into the lobby
- Once admitted you can use your mic to ask a question
- Use appropriate and professional language when posting questions in the chat box
- Do not share your screen or video
- Once the teacher has answered your question you will be removed from the Teams meeting
- If you have additional questions, you can log into the Teams chat again
- Be aware that inappropriate behaviour online could result in disciplinary action as per our Progressive Discipline Policy
If you have any questions about Academic Support please contact your VP (Morrow A-L, Ellison M-Z)