HCDSB is inviting parents/guardians and members of the community to check or change their direction of school support in time for the upcoming municipal and school board elections this year!
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is responsible for collecting the information of residents in Ontario to create a list of eligible voters.
HCDSB parents and guardians can confirm or update their information online through voterlookup.ca by February 6, 2022 to ensure their details are accurate for the Municipal and School Board Elections on October 24, 2022.
Voters can visit Voter Look Up to confirm that they are on the list to vote, and to determine which school board elections they are eligible to vote in.
Members of the community that decide to register as Catholic School Supporters through MPAC:
- Have the opportunity to elect Catholic school board trustees.
- Are ensuring that their school board’s assessment base is up-to-date, which is a public record of support for Catholic schools.
- Are protecting and preserving Catholic education in Ontario!
- If you have recently moved, your school support may have defaulted to English-Public. Please remember to verify that you are still registered as a Catholic school supporter.
- Those interested in supporting Catholic education in Ontario can choose English-Separate through Voter Look Up or in Section C on page 1 when filling out their Application for Direction of School Support.
- By ensuring you are registered as a Catholic school supporter, you are able to vote for Catholic school board trustees.
- When you declare your support for the Catholic school board through your property taxes, you are protecting and preserving Catholic education in Ontario, by helping to further confirm that the publicly funded Catholic school system is strongly wanted and needed.
For more information on how to check if you are a Catholic school supporter and/or to change your direction of school support, please visit the HCDSB website: Support our Catholic Schools.