Students are invited to be in civvies or appropriate costumes. Masks should not be worn as the inhibit the use of face masks. Baseball caps should also not be included as part of the costume. Some questions to be reflect on if deciding on on a costume:
- Is my costume making fun of a group of people, their culture or religion?
- Does my costume reinforce jokes and stereotypes about certain groups, cultures or religions?
- Am I altering my skin colour, facial/body features to make it darker or like a particular race, ethnicity, or cultural group?
- Am I dressing up as a culture or borrowing from a religion that is not my own or is not part of my background?
- Do I understand and respect the history or tradition of the culture that I am borrowing my costume from?