In partnership with Mohawk College, the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) will be hosting 2 Information Sessions on Monday, January 24 and Tuesday, January 25th, 2022 about the School Within a College (SWAC) program!
SWAC provides secondary students in grades 11 and 12 with the opportunity to experience college life and take courses at a Mohawk College campus in Hamilton.
Mohawk’s Stoney Creek campus is open 5 days a week during second semester, beginning in February until June, 2022. Secondary students will be able to learn in-person at the campus and achieve 4 secondary credits; 2 of which will be dual credits!
Upcoming Information Sessions
To learn more about SWAC offered in semester 2 this year, students and parents/guardians are encouraged to attend a virtual information session next week!
Monday, January 24, 2022
4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
6:30 – 7:15 p.m.
SWAC Program Details
- Offered through Thomas Merton Adult & Continuing Education (Alternative Education).
- 15 HCDSB students will be bused to Mohawk College’s Stoney Creek campus, 5 days a week.
- 2 of the 4 Ontario Secondary School Diploma credits are determined during student’s intake meeting.
- 2 dual credits (Trade Calculations and Construction) are taught by a college instructor.
- All transportation and course materials are covered.
Who is the ideal candidate?
A student who:
- Is facing significant challenges in completing the requirements for graduation.
- Is interested in trades/technology.
- Has dropped out of school.
- Has fewer credits than average for his/her grade.
- Is disengaged and facing challenges.
- Lacks confidence in their ability to achieve.
- Is unsure about their pathway beyond high school.
- Is in need of career clarification.
Apply to SWAC!
For application details and information about the SWAC program, please visit the Pathways & Student Success website: Dual Credits.
For more information on the SWAC program, please contact:
- Jon Esteban, SWAC Teacher at: estebanR2@hcdsb.org
- Cathy Jenkins, Pathways Consultant at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dave Grace, Vice-Principal, Alternative Education at Thomas Merton Centre for Adult & Continuing Education at: email@example.com
Mohawk COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Please note that Mohawk College has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All visitors to the campus will need to submit proof of vaccination or request exemption in advance of their first visit to the campus. For more information, view Mohawk College’s Vaccination Policy.