As a part of a student’s daily synchronous learning, all students are expected to log into D2L where they can access Virtual Academic Support from 12:25 – 1:40 pm.
Staff have been and will be available in department specific Virtual Academic Support Groups:
- Business, CO-OP & the Arts
- Canadian and World Studies
- English and Modern Languages
- Health and Physical Education
- Religious Education
- Technological Studies
When a student logs into VAS, they can pick 1 of these 8 Departments to get subject help. When they do, it will take them to a Microsoft TEAMS meeting. This is where staff will be able to help and support them. This is a perfect opportunity for students to complete homework and ask questions as needed.
A few points of clarification:
- Student attendance will be recorded when they login to the Virtual Academic Support Course (VAS) shell in D2L, not by their participation in the Teams Meetings.
- This means that when students arrive home in the afternoon, they should log onto the D2L platform and start their homework
- Once they log on, their attendance is recorded
- Teachers can help with D2L support with any student who is struggling
- Once students enter the D2L shell and they need help, they will access one of the Dept. areas above and this will take them to a TEAMS Meetings. They will do this only if they have questions for teachers and require academic support.
- If they do access Academic Support, students are not required to be in the Department Teams meeting for the entire time. On some days, they may not join any meetings – that’s OK, as long as they are logged into VAS on D2L.
- The focus for VAS is meant to be for their morning class, however, students may enter other Dept. Teams meetings if they need to.
Please feel free to email any questions to our Administrative team should you have any.