Dear Parents and Guardians,
You are receiving this email because you have a child entering Grade 9 at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Secondary School. This email will provide information about our Grade 9 Orientation next week – Monday, August 30 and Tuesday, August 31.
It is natural for students entering Grade 9 to feel both excited and nervous to embark on their high school journey. Our Mentorship program strives to help each Grade 9 student make a positive transition to high school by pairing each with a Grade 11 Mentor. This mentor will be your child’s ‘go-to’ person throughout the year; a person they can rely upon to answer questions about the various social and academic aspects of high school.
This year, due to COVID-19 protocols, we will be offering two in-person orientation sessions whereby your child will have the opportunity to tour our beautiful building and meet their grade 11 Mentor.
Due to COVID-19 protocols students must:
- Attend on their designated day only (see the alphabetical list below)
- Complete the self-screening tool prior to arriving at the school and show staff the green PASS screen on their phone or provide a printout of the positive screening
- Wear a mask
- Visit the hand sanitizing station at the front entrance
- Sign-in at the welcome desk inside the main entrance
- Maintain social distance while inside the building
Dates and Times:
Students with last name A to L: Monday, August 30
Students with last name M to Z: Tuesday, August 31
Parent/Guardian drop-off: 12:30 p.m. at the main entrance
Parent/Guardian pick-up: between 1:45 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. at the front of the school
Please note: Students MUST attend on their assigned day because they have been grouped with their Grade 11 Mentor.
We are very much looking forward to meeting our newest Knights. It’s going to be an amazing year! #ClassOf2025
Ms. K. Stevenson