The school uniform is intended to develop a sense of pride, modesty and self-discipline. By choosing to attend St. Kateri Tekakwitha Catholic Secondary School, students and parents make a commitment to comply with and support the school uniform policy. Students must remain in full uniform throughout the school day while in the building. This includes the hallway, cafeteria and atrium.
Students who are consistently out of uniform will see the Vice Principal for progressive discipline.
We are pleased to announce that McCarthy Uniforms is our official school uniform provider. Many of you may be familiar with the reputation for quality and the time-tested McCarthy tradition that will provide our families with exceptional uniform products. In addition to a superior quality garment, this new partnership with also provide our families with more flexibility when ordering, improved availability, and reduced costs.
- Uniform options: here
- McCarthy Uniforms (mccarthyuniforms.ca) and search for your school’s custom e-store
- Register for an account
If your family is in financial need and requires support with your uniform, please contact your Vice Principal.
The HCDSB uniform policy can be accessed here.
- McCarthy short or long-sleeved golf shirt with St. Kateri logo.
- Grey McCarthy pullover hoodie with St. Kateri logo.
- Grey McCarthy full zip sweater with St. Kateri logo
- Black McCarthy dress pant.
- Black walking shorts with St. Kateri logo.
- Shoes or running shoes must be all black with closed toe and heel. Designs of any type must be in black. There must be no fur or logos on shoes. Laces on the shoes must be black
- Students must be in complete uniform, worn properly and modestly, when in the school building in all areas of the school throughout the school day, including lunch.
- All clothing items must be the original style and condition. Ripped, torn or unhemmed items are not permitted. Pants and shorts are not to be altered, tapered, rolled, tucked into socks, etc.
- Spirit wear is not considered part of the school uniform
- Non-uniform sweaters or sweatshirts and ripped out sleeves on sweaters are not permitted in the school at any time.
- A plain white short sleeved t-shirt or tank top may be worn under the school golf shirt and must not exceed the length of the shirt.
- Jackets/coats and non-uniform shoes are to be removed upon entering the building.
- Hats are never worn in the school, including after school hours, civvies days and exam days. Hats may be confiscated if worn in the building.
- Boots, slippers/sandals are not part of the school uniform and should not be worn inside the building
- The waist of the dress pants is to be worn at the student’s waist.
- Shorts cannot be rolled up and must be at least mid-thigh in length.
- Pants cannot be tucked into socks.
- The Administration reserves the right to decide on appropriate attire.
Guidelines for Non-Uniform Civvies Days
- Clothing with inappropriate logos, sayings or pictures is not acceptable at school.
- Tank tops, halter tops, tops with spaghetti straps, crop/midriff tops, cut-off shorts and torn or ripped jeans are not to be worn at school.
- Pajamas or pajama-like clothing is not permitted.
- No bare midriffs or bare shoulders.
- Physical education clothing should provide for comfortable, modest and safe movement during activities. Students who wear clothing which is either too baggy or too tight will not be permitted to participate in class.
- Shorts must cover to mid-thigh when seated. Shorts worn at a length that is above mid-thigh will not be permitted.
The Administration reserves the right to decide on appropriate attire.