Child and Youth Counselor
- Child and Youth Counselors support students who experience social, emotional and/or behavioural challenges. They collaborate with families, school staff and community agencies to enhance school success and well-being.
School Social Worker
- The Loyola school community is pleased to offer the services of a School Social Worker. All HCDSB Social workers are registered members of the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. Our school social worker offers a variety of services, such as advocacy, assessment, attendance counseling, classroom interventions, crisis intervention, consultation, individual, family and group counseling to name a few.
- High school can be a complex place for students to navigate – sometime students are concerned about school performance, friends or family relationships. Social Workers support students dealing with any of these concerns and together they collaboratively problem solve to make things more manageable. 1 in 4 people deal with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression and overwhelming stress. The School Social Worker will help students manage any mental health issues which may affect their healthy functioning at school.
- To access School Social Work services, please do not hesitate to contact the school administration or our school social worker
Loyola Wellness Council
- Loyola has created a new Google Classroom called “Loyola Wellness” that is available for EVERYONE who is a student at Loyola, to join. It is a place you can go to get lots of interesting information, tips and strategies about how to take care of “YOU” during these strange and uncertain times.
- Just go to Google Classroom, click + Join Class – Copy and paste this class code: gyzrbpx and you’re in!
ROCK (Reach Out Centre for Kids) (905) 339 – 3525 www.rockonline.ca
Mental Health Information (905) 825 – 6000 http://www.halton.ca/cms/one.aspx?portalId=8310&pageId=9531#services_provided
ADAPT (Halton alcohol, Drug and Gambling Assessment Prevention and treatment Services) (905) 847 – 6547 www.haltonadapt.org
Crisis Lines Teen Crisis Line (24 hours) (905) 878-9785
COAST (Crisis Outreach and Support Team, for youth 16 years and older) 1-877-825-9011 link.
Children’s Aid Society (905) 333-4441, 24 hour emergency www.haltoncas.ca/
Other Halton Multicultural Council (905) 864 – 6565 www.halton-multicultural.orgStudent Wellness