We are excited to be partnering with staff and students from McMaster University’s Computer Science Department on a STEM project involving both elementary and secondary students!
Virtually, McMaster staff and students will train interested Corpus Christi students to become Coding Mentors! After the training, Corpus’ team of coders will take on mentorship roles with Grade 6-8 elementary classes using Microsoft Teams.
Benefits for Secondary School Students:
- Gain approximately 25 volunteer hours
- Participate in an extra-curricular activity that can be used for college/university applications and resumes
- Training in coding and running coding sessions from current McMaster staff and students
- Develop a greater understanding of coding (no prior experience required!)
Timelines for the Coding Mentorship Initiative:
Online Training Sessions:
- Friday, April 30th: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday, May 1st: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM (with 1-hour lunch break)
- Friday, May 7th: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday, May 8th: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM (with 1-hour lunch break)
Coding Mentorship Sessions run after our morning instructional block from May 19th-June 4th!
Interested Corpus Christi students need to register here to be part of the program: