Every graduating student must complete a minimum of 40 community hours, as part of the requirements for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). The purpose of the community involvement requirement is to encourage students to develop awareness and understanding of civic responsibility, and the contributions they can make in supporting and strengthening their community.
If students complete hours outside of the school, they require a letter from their sponsor.
Community Service Letter Requirements
- Name of student – first and last name
- Name of organization – on organization letterhead is preferred
- Number of hours completed
- Detailed list of duties completed (ex. Sarah H completed 40 hours serving food for our veterans…)
- Contact information of organizer for follow up
Please contact our school office directly if you have questions about community services hours and which activities are accepted.
- City of Burlington https://www.burlington.ca/en/your-city/current-volunteer-opportunities.asp
- Volunteer Halton www.volunteerhalton.ca
- Saint Vincent de Paul http://www.ssvp.on.ca/rc/index.php
- Habitat for Humanity http://www.habitathm.ca
- St. Paul the Apostle https://www.stpaultheapostleburlington.com
- Burlington Green – Youth Network
- Helping youth help the planet
- Whether you’re a member of your high school eco-club, you’re looking for ways to get your volunteer hours or are simply interested in helping the planet, we need your help!
- Get involved today. burlingtongreen.org