It is not too late for graduating students to find some scholarships for next year. Please click on the link for a list of scholarships available at some point from now until the end of August.
If you make your own account on scholar tree, you can see a personalized list of available scholarships.
St. Paul’s CWL Award
Please submit a one-page essay on who you are as person and to what extent you are involved in with your parish. Also include where you intend to continue your education and what subject you will be majoring in.
Please send your essay to the CWL c/o Mirian Ifill – firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission is May 26th.
The amount of the bursary is $250.
The next two months are when the majority of scholarship applications close for students who will be attending post-secondary school next year (here is one of the larger dollar value scholarships that is only available to Ontario students.) Scholarships are probably the furthest thing from most students’ minds with all of the uncertainties related to COVID-19 but unfortunately, as of now, very few scholarship providers have extended their deadlines.
For students who are still interested in applying to scholarships, this can be an opportunity for them to gain an additional competitive edge as there are fewer students competing for these awards due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here are a few resources you can use when applying to scholarships:
- use this website to find personalized scholarships for you https://scholartree.ca/
- At the bottom of https://scholartree.ca/educators there is a downloadable budget planner that you can use to prepare for next year
- Here is ablog outlining the most common mistakes we see on scholarship applications – https://scholartree.ca/blog/the-6-most-common-mistakes-when-applying-to-scholarships
Below are some blogs as you decide to choose your university.
- The 5 Things That Matter Most When Choosing a University
- How To Stand Out From Other Top University Applicants
- Choosing The Right University For You
Lastly, here are some scholarships that are ending shortly that may be of interest
With the holiday break approaching, we wanted to share a list of scholarships that are available over the break. Holiday Break Scholarships. Not all awards will apply to all students. For students to get a list customized to them and weekly email reminders of deadlines, they should create a profile on ScholarTree. At the top left, they can use the filter “Applications Open” to only see those scholarships that are currently accepting applications.
Finally, ScholarTree has partnered with York University to create content to give away 1 free year of tuition. If any of students are interested in going to York should apply to the contest here: https://scholartree.ca/scholarship/year-of-free-tuition/NIr0gLEGza (this offer is open to students across Canada, not just Ontario students as shown on the ScholarTree page)
Students looking for scholarship opportunities may want to apply to the Burger King Scholar for scholarships in the range of $1 000-$50 000.
Please click on the link for more information.
There are many scholarships, bursaries and awards available in Ontario. Below are some helpful websites that may help you find a scholarship. Some scholarships are automatically given by a particular university based on academic standing while others require an application.
The following scholarships are primarily available to high school students from Ontario, Canada, applying to first-year university. By clicking on the link you will see them arranged by application deadline…
or by monetary value…
Some other helpful websites are…
- You can create an account and use the following website to find awards, scholarships and bursaries directly applicable to you.
- You can input your profile and be matched to scholarships in this database.
- Estimate how much money you will be eligible for through OSAP.
- Use Aeroplan, CIBC or TD Points from the Travel Rewards Program to help pay for your education.
- Various listings of College, University and Institutional Scholarships sorted by various headings.
- Created by students for students. Their goal is to help all Canadian students find external scholarships in Canada.
- The “do something” website has a particular emphasis on social justice and related causes, as opposed to academics.
- Government of Canada Student Financial Assistance homepage. https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/student-financial-aid.html
- Bursary for students with disabilities.
- Read through the scholarship book found in student services (available October 3, 2019)
- Read through the list of awards documented below. These are awards specific to Corpus Christi Catholic Secondary School. You can also refer to the awards, scholarships and bursaries binder located in Student Services.
Recognizing that academic performance is not the only indicator of future value to the community, a group of dedicated volunteers set out to find and support young Canadians who demonstrate character, service and leadership potential. The Loran Award is not a reward for past achievements, but an investment in a young person’s potential future path of high impact. Our scholars pursue careers in a wide range of areas, readily take on greater responsibilities and share a lifelong commitment to leading with integrity.
Offered in full partnership with 25 Canadian universities, a Loran Award is valued at approximately $100,000 over four years of undergraduate study:
A total of three students can be sponsored by the school. Students who are not sponsored can still apply through the direct pool. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read the Loran Eligibility requirements. http://www.loranscholar.ca/becoming-a-scholar/#eligibility
Please fill in this form and hand in no later than Monday September 30, 2019 to be considered for school sponsorship.
- September 30, 2019 Nomination forms due to the Guidance Department.
- October 17, 2019 Deadline for all sponsored applications to be submitted, including the reference form and school sponsorship confirmation.
- October 24, 2019 Deadline for all direct pool applications, including the reference form.
Schulich Leader Scholarships
This is a prestigious entrance scholarship awarded to high school graduates enrolling in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) programs in one of 20 Canadian partner universities.
50 scholarships awarded annually
25 at $100 000 for engineering
25 at $80 000 for science, technology or mathematics
Student eligibility requirements
- Must be a high school student graduating in the 2019/2020 academic year
- Be a Canadian or permanent resident
- Be entrepreneurial-minded and plan to enroll in an eligible STEM program at one of their partner universities
- Meet at least two of the following criteria
- Academic excellence
- Leadership (entrepreneurial or community)
- Financial need
- Not planning a career as a medical practitioner or researcher (doctor, nurse, dentist, psychologist, pharmacist, optometrist, etc.
This is limited to one student.
To apply, submit to student services by December 20,2019 and include…
- University you wish to attend
- Top three achievements (academic or other) – 50 words maximum per achievement
- Essay demonstrating why you should win – 600 words maximum
- Optional essay to outline extenuating circumstances – 250 words maximum
- Short answer to identify where you see yourself in 10 years – 50 words maximum
- Two single-page letters of reference that include email and telephone contact information for verification
Terry Fox Humanitarian Award
Horatio Algar Association of Canada Scholarships
The Horatio Alger Canadian Scholarship program is offering up to $10,000 for post-secondary studies. Applications are due by October 25 2019.
Check out the link for frequently asked questions on eligibility.
List of Horatio Algar Association of Canada Scholarships
TD scholarships are awarded to students across Canada who help support change, nurture progress and contribute to making the world a better place. Each Scholarship includes four years of tuition at any approved university or college in Canada, up to a maximum of $10,000 per year. Eligibility requirements and applications can be found at td.com/scholarships
Application and essay are due no later than November 15th, 2019
Queens University Chancellor Scholarship
Students interested in applying for the Queens Chancellor Scholarship and plan on attending Queens are asked to please submit the completed application (link) to Student Services by Friday Nov 1st . This Scholarship does require a school nomination. For more information about the scholarship please visit http://www.queensu.ca/studentawards/financial-assistance/admission-scholarships-bursaries-and-awards/major-admission-awards
Academic Entrance Scholarships
Automatic, guaranteed, and fully renewable!