A CODE FOR STUDENT PARTICIPATION IN ATHLETICS/ACTIVITIES
Jean Vanier offers a wide variety of activities. We believe that athletics and extracurricular activities can and should play an important role in high school life by providing valuable learning situations outside of the regular classroom. In order to gain maximum benefit from the program(s), student athletes and activity members need to follow these recommendations:
- You are expected to be in attendance at all classes in order to participate in extra-curricular activities. Failure to comply may result in a student not being allowed to participate.
- Being a member of a school team/club is a privilege – not a right.
- Your number one priority is the regular school program that should not suffer due to athletics or club involvement. It is your responsibility to catch up on any work missed.
- You are expected to co-operate fully with all staff especially in the area of clean up, set up or moving of equipment.
- As student athletes and activity participants you are expected to co-operate completely with all requirements of school life, making certain that you adhere to policies regarding attendance, punctuality, dress, behaviour and deportment as defined by the staff.
- You will accept full responsibility for school equipment.
- Playing on a school team means making a commitment to the team and its members. It is important to attend all practices and to be on time for practice. If you must miss a practice, tell the coach personally as early as possible. The same commitment is expected from participants in school activities.
- Finally, remember that you are “goodwill ambassadors” and represent your school, coach and team mates during any activity. Your behaviour, therefore, must be at the highest level at all times, exhibiting good sportsmanship, adherence to game rules and courtesy to all officials, players and spectators.
ALL STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PARTICIPATE IN SOME PHASE OF THE ATHLETIC AND EXTRACURRICULAR PROGRAM ENABLING THEM TO DEVELOP A WELL-ROUNDED EDUCATION BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY.Extra Curricular Activities Code of Conduct