What is School Council?
School Council is an advisory body made up of parents/guardians, the Principal and Vice-Principals, teaching and non-teaching school staff, and a student representative. School Council is responsible for:
- Sharing information with parents and the school community
- Providing input to the principal and school board on issues such as school year calendars, strategies to improve school performance, codes of conduct and dress, safe arrival programs, community use of schools, selection criteria for principals and school board policies that will affect the school
- Actively organizing social and fundraising events for the school community
As a School Council member, you can help your Council discover new and exciting ways to contribute to the education of students in your school. The Council is made up of the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Parish representative, Community representative, and parent representatives. Council meetings are open to every parent in the school community; you don’t have to be a member to attend.
Current School Council
- Co-Chair: Lily Gall
- Co-Chair: Jennifer Santos
- Community Representative: Richard Gayle
- Parish Representative: Lenie D’Souza
- OAPCE Representative: Jennifer Botelho
- Staff Representative – Holly Robertson
- Non Staff Representative – Sarah Kwiecinski
MEETING DATES For 2021-2022
- Monday November 8, 2021
- Monday December 13, 2021
- Tuesday February 15, 2022
- Monday April 11, 2022
- Monday May 9, 2022
Please contact our Principal if you would like to join the virtual meetings for this year.
Calendar and Events
Parent Council at St. FX generally meets the second Monday of the month.
St. FX School Council has hosted numerous events including a Grade 9/New Parent Open House, Faith Formation/Social Night Series and a Multicultural Dinner and Fashion Show. The Council also sponsors monetary awards for graduation students.
Parent Council has input at the local, regional, and provincial levels, in addition to the school. Your input and participation truly make a difference in so many ways. Click on any of the links below:
- Halton Catholic District School Board: https://www.hcdsb.org/Pages/default.aspx
- Catholic Parent Involvement Committee https://www.hcdsb.org/Parents/cpic
The Ontario Association of Parents in Catholic Education http://www.oapce.org/