In making the decision to attend Assumption Catholic Secondary School, students have made a commitment to comply with the school uniform policy from their time of arrival to the end of each school day.
It is the student’s responsibility to wear the uniform properly. A student who is not in proper uniform will not be admitted to class without the Principal or Vice-Principal’s authorization. The Principal and Vice-Principal(s) have been authorized to send home, as appropriate, any student who is not in uniform.
The following are the possible consequences if students are in contravention of the uniform policy:
First incident – verbal warning
Subsequent incidents – detention
*Please note that multiple or serious uniform infractions, including defiance, may lead to possible suspension.
- McCarthy navy dress pants, (note: McCarty or previous ISW only)
- McCarthy white oxford shirt; short sleeve French cut blouse, single pocket, white buttons, button down collar, short or long sleeves with embroidered crest
- McCarthy golf shirt, girls and boys with embroidered crest
- Solid black, closed shoes (no open-toed or open back sandals or clogs)
- McCarthy dark blue zip polo sweatshirt; V-Neck pullover; V-Neck vest; cotton, embroidered Assumption logo
- McCarthy dark blue zippered cardigan; full zip fitted jacket, cotton, embroidered Assumption logo
- McCarthy navy boys and girls walking shorts, pleated, worn with solid white athletic socks.
- McCarthy rugby shirt with school logo.
Only McCarthy navy dress pants, unaltered, will be permitted. We caution parents and students NOT to substitute a blue pant from other retailers.
Parents and students should note that students who need to wear non-regulation footwear will be required to produce a medical note informing the school of the time period required for this uniform exemption.
Hats, visors, caps, headbands, bandanas or any other headgear are not to be worn in the school at any time. Also, they are not to be brought to any class. These items, along with non-uniform sweaters and jackets, are subject to confiscation if worn in the building or if brought to class. Girls may wear navy blue or black hair bands provided they are no wider than 2.5 cm.
Open-toed sandals are not part of the school uniform and, therefore, are not to be worn on the school grounds.
Students may wear a plain white t-shirt under the uniform shirt or blouse. Plain white means no writing, no logos, and no diagrams.
There are no substitutions to the Assumption Catholic Secondary School Dress Code.
All regular Civvies’ day rules apply. They include:
- No beachwear
- No hats
- No ripped or torn clothing
- No chains, dog collars or studded jewellery etc.
- No bare shoulders or midriffs (including spaghetti straps)
- No inappropriate or offensive logos or slogans on clothing
The School Administration will review students wearing any clothing deemed inappropriate and action will result. Thank you for your cooperation with our school uniform policy.
McCarthy Uniforms is the supplier of the Assumption Secondary School Uniform. The Assumption Secondary School uniform is stocked on a year round basis.
In addition to a custom website built specifically for our school, two retail stores will be available in the Halton Region. These school uniform retail spaces are being launched for the first time in Canada to maximize health, safety, and the customer experience. Both stores are located in SmartCentres for more convenience including ample parking and the ability to do other errands in the same complex. They’re both over 7000 square feet of space to ensure safe physical distancing measures are in place, in addition to multiple formats to shop including self-serve and 1:1 appointments. The stores will also feature integrated technology to allow for curbside pickup, order & ship, and more. And they’ll feature a made-in-Canada section featuring domestically manufactured navy and white options.
McCarthy Uniforms offer complete on-line ordering to make your shopping easy and convenient.
McCarthy Uniforms (mccarthyuniforms.ca) and search for your school’s custom e-store.