** Grads – keep checking the Graduation D2L page for new information!
Update June 10th, 2021
We are excited to announce that our Graduation 2021 lawn signs, special gift from Assumption C.S.S. and any ordered Graduation 2021 swag are currently arriving at the school and we are inviting our grade 12 students to pick up their items from Wednesday, June 16 to Friday, June 18, 2021 from 11:45 – 1:45 p.m. No appointment is required. Upon arrival, students will line up at Door 1, scan a QR code in order to provide contact tracing information and follow staff direction to enter the building. Social distancing norms will be adhered to and public health requirements, listed below, will be followed. To avoid backlog, cars are requested to enter through the Woodward Ave entrance and exit through Cumberland.
A Graduation 2021 celebration is being held on Monday, June 28, 2021 between 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
By appointment only, students and families are invited to come to the school to pick up their diploma, say good-bye to Assumption and take a few pictures. Families will have the choice of arriving in a vehicle or on foot.
If walking, families will have a specific window of attendance. Please note, vehicles will not be permitted during walkthrough periods.
If driving, and to help with traffic flow, vehicles will only be allowed to enter through the Woodward Ave. entrance and exit through Cumberland Ave. Family members must arrive and remain together as photo opportunities are for families only.
We encourage all students to attend and pick up their diploma in person. If you are unable to pick up the diploma on June 28th, please contact the office and make other arrangements to do so.
Appointments for our Graduation Celebration can be made at the following link: https://forms.gle/aGLpJkFLFMnBD7Eu7
Interested in Purchasing a Grad Gown, Cap and Tassel? Because of the added Graduation Celebration and photo opportunity on June 28th, the grad store has now re-opened and, if you wish, you can purchase a grad gown, cap and tassel. The items will be delivered to the school but will not be ready for pick-up until June 24th. Click here if interested: Home | Assumption Graduation Store (teamandspiritwear.com) Gown purchases will only be until Sunday, June 13th.
While there will be a separate textbook/resource return schedule (in an earlier email), graduating students who are unable to return their items at the designated times may also return items on this day (Monday, June 28).
Graduation Ceremony: In line with HCDSB’s decision to run a virtual graduation ceremony, our virtual graduation ceremony link will be released on June 28, 2021 at 7:00pm.
Update April 21st, 2021
The Golden Jubilee Scholarship, hosted by the Mon Sheong Foundation, is currently open to graduating high school students. The Golden Jubilee Scholarship is geared towards students looking to make positive change in their communities and in the world they live in. The scholarship offers $1,000 a year for four years to assist students with their post-secondary education. Please see file below for information.
Deadline July 4th, 2021
Update April 19th, 2021
- Grad Fees: In non-pandemic times, a grad fee of up to $150.00 could have been realized (cap & gowns, hall rentals and meals, keepsakes and graduation expenditures, etc). There will be no Grad fees this year.
- Grad Memorabilia: There is an opportunity to buy Assumption Graduation Memorabilia. Please click here to see what is offered in our Assumption Grad Store. Any items purchased will be delivered to the school and available to be picked up at a date to be determined in June.
- Lawn Signs: A curb side pick-up of Assumption Grad Lawn Signs will be available to be picked up in June. All graduates will be receiving a commemorative lawn sign.
- Other Grad Surprises: Various item(s) and events from the school staff
- Graduation: A virtual Graduation celebration that will include a Valedictorian Address – June 28th, 2021. Details to follow.
- Diplomas and Grad Awards: A curb side pick-up of Diplomas and Grad Awards will be available after the virtual ceremony and at a date TBD.
This is the initial outline of our school plans. Of course, these plans may be amended due to orders of Halton Health or through future directives by the Provincial government. We are truly doing the best we can with what we are given. We appreciate your support in these truly trying times.
Update March 24th, 2021
- Submit Photos/Videos – Please take a few minutes to upload some photos/videos from your time at Assumption.
Remember to use your gobluego.ca account.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS: Monday May 3rd
- Grad Quotes – Please submit your personalized grad quote by Monday May 3rd.
Please note you must use your @gobluego.ca account to authenticate the quote.
The password for this account is the same as your D2L.
Click on the following link to submit grad quote:
If you fail to provide a personal/appropriate quote, a generic one will be used to accompany your picture in the yearbook.
If you have questions or concerns re: grad quotes, please direct them to Mr. Chomyshyn.
Update March 16th, 2021
Grads are invited to book an appointment for their graduation photo ASAP.
Please read carefully:
WHEN: April 12-16, 2021 (our new “March” Break)
PLEASE NOTE: The hard close date for the school composite (the big picture with all the little pics of your graduating class) is April 16th. Pictures taken after April 16th WILL NOT APPEAR ON THE COMPOSITE.
WHERE: Assumption’s Main Foyer – enter through Door #1/main entrance (more details/Covid protocols to follow)
HOW to BOOK:
1. Visit bookmygrad.ca/edgeimaging
2. Follow the links to book an appointment
3. School code is ACH
*Be sure to read “What Graduates Need to Know” to ensure a good, quality photo.
Please note: If you are unable to book an appointment during the week of April 12th – 16th, be sure to book an appointment at an Edge studio BEFORE the April 16th deadline.