In light of the current Public Health situation in Ontario due to COVID-19, HCDSB will once again be offering an option for Grades 9-12 students to learn fully remotely.
We are are asking parents to indicate if they would like your secondary school-aged child to attend school in a remote learning setting.
What to Expect in September
- HCDSB will offer a quadmester delivery model to all secondary students for the 2021-2022 school year.
- September 2021 – January 2022 will consist of two quadmesters, where students will be enrolled in either full-time, in-person instruction or remote learning.
- This will include 300 minutes of instruction each day – two (2) courses with 150 minutes of instruction each, over a 10-week period (quadmester).
Secondary Remote Learning Registration Form
Please complete this form ONLY if you would like to register your child in Secondary Remote Learning at HCDSB for the 2021-2022 school year.
If you would like your child to attend school in-person, no further action is required.
- If you are registering more than one child in HCDSB secondary remote learning, please fill out a separate form for each child. *Note: you will need your child’s Ontario Education Number (OEN) to submit this form. The OEN can be found on a recent report card.
- If you do not complete this online form, we will plan as though your secondary school-aged child will be attending in-person instruction in September, 2021.
Decisions to Switch Learning Models During the School Year
Should you have questions or decide to switch your son or daughter from in-class instruction to remote learning during the school year, please contact your child’s home school directly.
This online form will remain open until 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, August 25, 2021.
Any technical difficulties regarding the completion of this form can be directed to: email@example.com.
The final Return to School Plan for the 2021-22 school year will be sent directly through email to parents/guardians and staff in late August, 2021.
Thank you for taking the time to complete this form. We appreciate your assistance as we plan for a safe and healthy return to instruction in September, 2021.