Attention Grade 12 students! There are many opportunities to earn some extra money as you transition to the next level – book an appointment with your Counsellor and find out what opportunities wait for YOU!
Best of luck to all of our students!
Sites/Resources you Need:
New Awards Hub for Oakville Based Scholarships – 1 place to apply!!
Key websites to access for information:
- ScholarshipsCanada.com. Fill in your profile and be matched to scholarships in their database
- https://yconic.com/– links and information on numerous scholarships
- Use Aeroplan or TD Points from the Travel Rewards Program to help pay for your education through HigherEdPoints
- Scholarship-grants.org – various listings of college, university and institutional scholarships sorted into various groupings such as:
top ranking universities, categories i.e. high school seniors, women, etc.), by deadline, by province
- findmyscholarships.com – created by students for students. Their goal is to help all Canadian Students find external scholarships in Canada.
- dosomething.org – The “dosomething” website listed has a particular emphasis on social justice and related causes, as opposed to academics.
- http://www.canlearn.ca/– Government of Canada Student Financial Assistance homepage
- Scholartree.ca – 100% free to students, where scholarships are updated everyday
- einfo – links to individual university scholarships/awards/bursaries available for Ontario
- http://www.higheredpoints.com/how-it-works/ – convert aeroplan and TD Travel Rewards Program points to tuition
- fundyourfuture.ca – Various contests give students the opportunity to win money
- www.myblueprint.ca – Various scholarships and contests
- https://www.electronicinfo.ca/assets/files/documents/scholarships.pdf – 88 pages of scholarships awarded by each university
- OSAP – estimate how much money you will be eligible for through OSAP
Come in to Student Services and speak to your Counselor for more info!
Please ensure that you do your research for the various University and local scholarships regarding criteria, nomination procedures(if required), and application deadlines as these do vary. For University deadlines see electronicinfo.ca. Then click on the FINANCE tab to search for individual major university scholarships. For local scholarships, check here regularly for updates and listen to morning announcements.
Some scholarships will require a school nomination. Scholarships that do require a school nomination for example are: The Loran Scholarship, The University of Toronto National Scholarship, and the Queen’s Chancellor / Quarms scholarship and the Schulich Leader Scholarship. Holy Trinity reserves the right to select a candidate that best meets the scholarship criteria. Potential nominees are asked to speak with their counselor to start the process one month prior to a major scholarship deadline for consideration.
*** Disclaimer *** – While we do have access to some scholarships that are sent directly to HT, we do not have access to ALL available scholarships. We recommend that students use the apps / websites above to research additional scholarships that they would qualify for. We would be happy to assist with this, if needed.
Scholarships for the 2019-2020 school year can be found here: Scholarships 2019-2020
Angela Bruce Chapter IODE Bursary ($1,300)
- Date Received: February 1st, 2020
- Deadline: April 27, 2020
- Website: https://www.iodeontario.ca/
To be elgible the student must:
- Submit a completed application and be planning to pursue a post-secondary education in Canada
- Be in Financial need
- Provide a Transcript and reference letter from Guidance Counselor or Teacher
- Provide a personal letter with information about goals, future plans, volunteer and / or work experience
Jean Lumb Foundation Award
- Date Received: February 1st, 2020
- Deadline: May 18, 2020
- Website: www.jeanlumbfoundation.ca
Scholarship is for students of Chinese Heritage – seven awards valued at $1,000 each
Women’s Club of Oakville Scholarship Fund
- Date Received: December 18, 2019
- Deadline: April 26, 2020
- Website: https://cfuwoakville.ca/
Several scholarships Available!! All are awarded to female high school graduates for post-secondary studies. See Student Services for full descriptions of each award. All applications are done online.
Requirements for all Awards:
- Female Oakville resident
- Canadian citizen or Permanent resident
- Attendance at a publicly funded high school
- Min. average of 80% on credits earned
- Significant service to community / school beyond the 40 hrs required for Graduation.
- Acceptance to University / College for 2020-2021