Attention Grade 12 students! There are many opportunities to earn some extra money as you transition to the next level – book an appointment with your Counsellor and find out what opportunities wait for YOU!
Best of luck to all of our students!
Sites/Resources you Need:
New Awards Hub for Oakville Based Scholarships – 1 place to apply!!
Key websites to access for information:
- ScholarshipsCanada.com. Fill in your profile and be matched to scholarships in their database
- https://yconic.com/– links and information on numerous scholarships
- Use Aeroplan or TD Points from the Travel Rewards Program to help pay for your education through HigherEdPoints
- Scholarship-grants.org – various listings of college, university and institutional scholarships sorted into various groupings such as:
top ranking universities, categories i.e. high school seniors, women, etc.), by deadline, by province
- findmyscholarships.com – created by students for students. Their goal is to help all Canadian Students find external scholarships in Canada.
- dosomething.org – The “dosomething” website listed has a particular emphasis on social justice and related causes, as opposed to academics.
- http://www.canlearn.ca/– Government of Canada Student Financial Assistance homepage
- Scholartree.ca – 100% free to students, where scholarships are updated everyday
- einfo – links to individual university scholarships/awards/bursaries available for Ontario
- http://www.higheredpoints.com/how-it-works/ – convert aeroplan and TD Travel Rewards Program points to tuition
- fundyourfuture.ca – Various contests give students the opportunity to win money
- www.myblueprint.ca – Various scholarships and contests
- https://www.electronicinfo.ca/assets/files/documents/scholarships.pdf – 88 pages of scholarships awarded by each university
- OSAP – estimate how much money you will be eligible for through OSAP
Come in to Student Services and speak to your Counselor for more info!
Please ensure that you do your research for the various University and local scholarships regarding criteria, nomination procedures(if required), and application deadlines as these do vary. For University deadlines see electronicinfo.ca. Then click on the FINANCE tab to search for individual major university scholarships. For local scholarships, check here regularly for updates and listen to morning announcements.
Some scholarships will require a school nomination. Scholarships that do require a school nomination for example are: The Loran Scholarship, The University of Toronto National Scholarship, and the Queen’s Chancellor / Quarms scholarship and the Schulich Leader Scholarship. Holy Trinity reserves the right to select a candidate that best meets the scholarship criteria. Potential nominees are asked to speak with their counselor to start the process one month prior to a major scholarship deadline for consideration.
*** Disclaimer *** – While we do have access to some scholarships that are sent directly to HT, we do not have access to ALL available scholarships. We recommend that students use the apps / websites above to research additional scholarships that they would qualify for. We would be happy to assist with this, if needed.
Loran Scholars Foundation Scholarship
- Deadline: October 15 for sponsored applicants
- Website: https://loranscholar.ca/
- Based on character, service, and leadership.
- Renewable for up to four years, with a total value of $100,000. Each Loran Award includes:
- An annual stipend of $10,000
- A matching tuition waiver from one of 25 partner universities
- Personal mentorship from a Canadian leader
- Access to our network and up to $10,000 in funding for summer internships in three different sectors
- An orientation expedition through Algonquin Park
- Annual retreats and scholar gatherings
Nomination packages are available in Student Services and are due to Ms. Latimer by Monday October 5th by 2:45pm. Students who do not wish to be sponsored can apply to the “direct pool” (deadline October 22nd, 2020). Please view their website for more information and online application:
Loran Scholar Activity Record – Word Doc
Loran Scholar Activity Record – PDF Format
Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs
- Deadline: October
- Website: www.horatioalger.ca/en/scholarships/
Offers financial assistance to students in need who show integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. Student must be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Student must be graduating in the spring/summer and attending a bachelor program next fall. Minimum average of 65% required. Online registration required.
U of T National Scholarship
- Deadline: Thursday October 22, 2020
- Website: http://future.utoronto.ca/national-scholarship/
Students who have been nominated by their schools as National Book Award recipients may submit applications to the National Scholarship Program. In addition, students who identify themselves as meeting the scholarship criteria are invited to apply directly for the National Scholarship, without having been nominated for the Book Award. The National Scholarship rewards original, creative and committed Canadian secondary school students. These are students who demonstrate superior academic performance, original and creative thought, and exceptional achievement in a broad context. They excel in academic pursuits, demonstrate enthusiasm for intellectual exploration and have a strong involvement in the lives of their schools and communities. Each year approximately ten students are named National Scholars (winners) and ten are named Arbor Scholars (runners-up).
Eligibility: Students who have been nominated by their schools as National Book Award recipients may submit applications to the National Scholarship Program. In addition, students who identify themselves as meeting the scholarship criteria are invited to apply directly for the National Scholarship, without having been nominated for the Book Award.
- an original and creative thinker committed to school and community
- a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
- enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person currently in your final year of Canadian secondary school or first-year CEGEP intending to begin university the following academic year
- a National Book Award nominee or self-identify as meeting the criteria above
Schulich Leader Scholarships
- Deadline: December and January
- Website: www.schulichleaders.com
Student must be nominated; 1 nomination per school.
For students enrolling in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) programs at a partner university.
Nominees must meet 2 of the 3 criteria:
- Academic Excellence
- Financial Need.
*Note: Nominees must not be planning a career as a medical practitioner. Application packages are available in Student Services or can be completed using the link below.
- Nomination Package due – Monday December 14th 2020 (3pm)
- Application due – January 27, 2021
Scholarship: TD Canada Trust Leadership Scholarship
- Deadline: November 13, 2020
- Website: td.com/scholarships
Each scholarship includes four years of tuition at any approved university or college in Canada, up to a maximum of $10 000 per year; $7 500 per year towards living expenses and offers of summer employment. To be eligible, students must be in their last year of high school. The key criterion is outstanding community leadership. Students can download application or apply directly online at www.td.com/scholarships. The website also highlights the achievements of last year’s scholarship recipients.
University of Guelph Scholarships – Various
- Deadline: January 15, 2021
- Website: https://admission.uoguelph.ca/topscholarships
Guelph offers 12 scholarships valued at $42,000 each and includes research assistantship position and mentorship by one of Guelph’s leading professors. These scholarships reward the top students and recognize academic excellence, innovation, community school engagement and leadership.