All textbooks and course materials will be collected from your desk at the beginning of the exam. Students must return all texts/materials issued by your teacher in order to be allowed to write the exam. Students who do not have the textbook/course materials or the money/cheque to pay for these school materials will be sent to the Vice-Principal. Parents will be contacted. Students will not return to the examination room until arrangements have been made to return all outstanding materials. No extra time will be allotted due to this issue.
Emergency Closure Policy
If buses are cancelled or the school is closed, students will be notified on the local radio stations. If this occurs, then, those exams will be written on the next school day and the remaining exam schedule will be moved back one day. This means that if the buses are cancelled on a Tuesday, the Tuesday exams will be written on Wednesday, the Wednesday exams on Thursday, etc…
Any student with conflicts must report to the Main Office immediately. Special arrangements will be made for such situations.
Students Missing Exams
If a student is absent due to illness, the parents/guardians must phone the school by 8:00 a.m. on the day of the examination. A medical certificate is required by the end of the next school day. The examination will be rescheduled upon receipt of a doctors certificate. Absences not substantiated by a medical certificate or not authorized by the school will result in a mark of 0.
The examination days are civvies days. Our usual policy is in effect; proper attire is required. Tank tops/halter tops, midriff or crop tops or tight clothing are NOT ALLOWED. As per our usual policy for uniform or civvies days, HATS ARE NEVER WORN IN THE BUILDING. Students not dressed appropriately will be sent to the Vice-Principal.
Buses will arrive at school at the usual time. Departure times will be announced and posted.
- Students who are not scheduled to write an examination are not required to be in school. However, students who are in school and not writing an examination MUST be in the Cafeteria or Library.
- Students are responsible for being at the examination at the proper time and date.
- Students who arrive late for exams must report to the Attendance Office before proceeding to the examination room. No extra time will be allotted.
- All paper supplies required to write the examination will be supplied by the teacher. Students are expected to bring their own pens, pencils, erasers, rulers, etc These items cannot be borrowed from other students.
- Coats, notes, purses, etc are not allowed in the examination rooms. Leave these items in your lockers.
- Once the exam is in progress, no students will be allowed to leave the room unless accompanied by a teacher.
- Students are to avoid asking teacher to interpret exam questions. Any corrections necessary will be announced publicly.
- Cheating Policy: All instances of cheating are considered serious and will be reported to the Vice-Principal. Cheating will result in a mark of 0.
- Students writing a 2 hour exam may leave after 1.5 hours or must wait until the end of the 2 hour examination. Students writing 1.5 hour exam may leave after 1 hour or must wait until the end of the 1.5 hour examination.