Students should familiarize themselves early with prerequisites required for admission to College/University programs of interest. By researching, students can plan for necessary prerequisites courses for Grade 12. To assist in your educational planning you can refer to:
- Some courses may be cancelled due to low enrolment. Course selections are not guaranteed.
- Changes to electives may be accommodated if possible until the end of June. No changes to electives will be accommodated in September. Only level and pathway changes will be accommodated if possible once the new school year begins.
- Choose courses wisely, changes may not be possible.
- Ontario University bound students will need 6 Grade 12 U or M level courses, including stated required courses from individual university program requirements. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure they have all the prerequisites and meet university program requirements.
- Co-op credits do not count towards admission averages for university. However, it is an excellent opportunity for hands on learning, investigating possible career pathways, increase employability skills and gain real work experience. A separate application is required. Please see Student Services for more information
STA offers four Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) programs. These programs require an application and interview process. Visit the SHSM page for more details on the following programs:
- Construction & Carpentry
- Information & Communication Technologies
- Healthcare & Medical Technologies
Online courses require as much time and effort to complete as traditional courses, but all learning and interactions take place online. Students must seriously consider their learning skills and consult with a guidance counsellor to help determine whether online courses are suitable for them.
When are grade level option sheet presentations?
- February 9th-11th 2022.
- These presentations will be completed virtually this year. See schedule below
- Grade 11 classes during period 2 on Feb. 9th
- Grade 10 classes during period 2 on Feb 10th
- Grade 9 classes during period 2 on Feb 11th
When is course selection due?
* They will be due online through myBlueprint on Tuesday March 1st, 2022.
What needs to be handed in?
- Course selection is to be submitted online through myBlueprint.
- If you did not come from a HCDSB school you will need to activate your account, please follow the instructions in this presentation
- Parents/Guardians will receive an email notification when your son/daughter submit their classes. Parents/Guardians will be asked to either approve or disapprove the course selection
- Use cashless online to pay the $65 activity fee
* In April 2022 students will receive a Course Verification sheet listing their course selections for the following year. Changes can be made directly on this sheet and returned to Student Services.
* Always check your Graduation Progress Indicator on My Blueprint to make sure you have all the courses required to meet all graduation requirements
STA Course Catalogue
STA Option Sheets by Grade
*Please note these options sheets are for planning purposes only. Course selection is to be completed via myBlueprint. MyBlueprint will open on Feb 11th, 2022 for course selection.