Students should familiarize themselves early with prerequisites required for admission to College/University programs of interest. By researching, students can plan for necessary prerequisites courses for Grade 12. To assist in your educational planning you can refer to www.myblueprint.ca, www.apprenticesearch.com, www.ontariocolleges.ca and www.electronicinfo.ca
- Some courses may be cancelled due to low enrolment. Course selections are not guaranteed.
- Changes to electives may be accommodated if possible until the end of June. No changes to electives will be accommodated in September. Only level and pathway changes will be accommodated if possible once the new school year begins.
- Choose courses wisely, changes may not be possible.
- Ontario University bound students will need 6 Grade 12 U or M level courses, including stated required courses from individual university program requirements. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure they have all the prerequisites and meet university program requirements.
- Co-op credits do not count towards admission averages for university. However it is an excellent opportunity for hands on learning, investigating possible career pathways, increase employability skills and gain real work experience. A separate application is required. Please see Student Services for more information
- Pathway Programs: STA offers a SHSM in Health & Wellness with a focus on Medical Technologies. Visit www.studentsuccess.hcdsb.org for more information. A separate application and interview is required. Please see Student Services for more information
- Online Learning: Online courses require as much time and effort to complete as traditional courses but all learning and interactions take place online. Students must seriously consider their learning skills and consult with a guidance counsellor to help determine whether online courses are suitable for them.
When are grade level option sheet presentations?
- February 4th– 6th 2020
When is course selection due?
* They were due to period 1 teachers by Wednesday February 26th, 2020. After this date, students need to meet with their Guidance Counsellor to pick and submit their courses.
What needs to be handed into Period 1 Teacher?
- Parental/Guardian Consent forms
- $65 activity fee (Attach receipt from ‘on-line’ payment)
My Blueprint printout and signed
* At midterm, students will receive a Course Verification sheet listing their course selections for the following year. Changes can be made directly on this sheet and returned to Student Services.
* Always check your Graduation Progress Indicator on My Blueprint to make sure you have all the courses required to meet all graduation requirements
STA Course CatalogueCourse Selection