Every graduating student must complete a minimum of 40 community hours (20 hrs for 2021-2022), as part of the requirements for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). The purpose of the community involvement requirement is to encourage students to develop awareness and understanding of civic responsibility, and the contributions they can make in supporting and strengthening their community.
If students complete hours outside of the school, they require a letter from their sponsor.
Community Service Letter Requirements
- Name of student – first and last name
- Name of organization – on organization letterhead is preferred
- Number of hours completed
- Detailed list of duties completed (ex. Sarah H completed 40 hours serving food for our veterans…)
- Contact information of organizer for follow up
Please contact our school office directly if you have questions about community services hours and which activities are accepted.
Forms which must be attached to the letter from the Community Sponsor can be picked up in the Student Services office or you can print off the forms below