We are very excited that you have chosen Bishop Reding for the next step in your Educational Pathway journey!
Family of Schools Students
If your son/daughter is a student in our Family of Schools (St. Peter, St. Anthony, Holy Rosary, Our Lady of Victory and Our Lady of Fatima – Extended French) they will have received a Grade 9 Option Sheet from their Grade 8 teachers.
Your son/daughter will need to hand in the following information by the date indicated by their Grade 8 teacher.
- The Grade 9 Option Sheet fully completed, choices clearly circled. Please sign and date the back of the Option Sheet as required.
- Two printouts from myBlueprint: a print out of the “Sign off Sheet,” signed and dated, and a print out of the “Disclosure of Student Information,” signed and dated.
- Activity fee of $65. You MUST include the receipt number as proof of payment on the Option Sheet. If paying by cheque, make it payable to: Bishop Reding Secondary School (please write your son/daughter’s full name on the cheque in bottom corner).
Public Board & Private School Students
If your son/daughter is a student in the Public School System or attends a Private school within our school boundary, you can pick up a Registration Package from Student Services at Bishop Reding. The Registration Packages is due in Student Services by DATE TBD.
The following will need to be returned to Bishop Reding by the above date:
- The Grade 9 Option Sheet fully completed, choices clearly circled. Please sign and date the back of the Option Sheet as required. Most students select “Option A.”
- Fully completed Registration Form. Please refer to the list of items required to register in your package.
- Activity fee of $65. Only cash or cheque can be accepted. On-line payment is not an option at this time. Please make cheque payable to Bishop Reding Secondary School (please write your son/daughter’s full name on the cheque in bottom corner).
Out of Boundary Students
If you live outside our school boundary (please visit www.hcdsb.org and click on “Find Your School”) you must complete a Cross Boundary Form. These can be picked up from Bishop Reding, Student Services. Fill out the form and return to Bishop Reding to be sent out for approval. If you have been approved+ attend Bishop Reding will you be given a Registration Package to complete.
If you have been accepted into our Advanced Placement program and you live outside our boundary, you will not have to complete a Cross Boundary form. You are automatically granted approval. However, if you choose not to continue in the AP program and live outside our boundary, you will be asked to return to your local high school within your boundary.
2019 Grade 8 Information Night / Feeder School / AP Slide Show
Are you a parent that happen to miss BR’s Grade 8 Information or Advance Placement Nights and are looking for the information that was discussed? Or are you curious about the Guidance Presentations that were conducted at our feeder schools to all our future Grade 8s? If so … all our presentations are presented below and can be viewed at your own convenience.
- Grade 8 Information Night Presentation (LINK)
- Grade 8 Feeder School Presentation (LINK)
- Grade 8 Advance Placement Information Night (LINK)