The Scholarship Report
Student Services subscribes to an online resource, “The Scholarship Report,” that contains a wealth of information regarding scholarships, awards, and bursaries. A hard copy is available for perusal in the Scholarship Binder in Student Services.
Any new Scholarship/Bursary/Awards information received throughout the year will be handled as follows:
- Information will be conveyed during morning announcements.
- The website will be updated.
- Photocopies of scholarship information received via Canada Post will be placed in the scholarship binder.
- Click here for information on numerous selected scholarships and awards. These scholarships have been sorted based on criteria for ease of research
Key websites to access for information:
- ScholarshipsCanada.com. Fill in your profile and be matched to scholarships in their database
- OSAP – estimate how much money you will be eligible for through OSAP
- Use Aeroplan or TD Points from the Travel Rewards Program to help pay for your education through HigherEdPoints
- Scholarship-grants.org – various listings of college, university and institutional scholarships sorted into various groupings such as:
top ranking universities, categories i.e. high school seniors, women, etc.), by deadline, by province
- findmyscholarships.com – created by students for students. Their goal is to help all Canadian Students find external scholarships in Canada.
- dosomething.org – The “dosomething” website listed has a particular emphasis on social justice and related causes, as opposed to academics.
- http://www.canlearn.ca Government of Canada Student Financial Assistance homepage
- Scholartree.ca – 100% free to students, where scholarships are updated everyday
- einfo – links to individual university scholarships/awards/bursaries available for Ontario
- yconic.com – links and information on numerous scholarships (this is the site for studentawards.com)
- http://www.higheredpoints.com/how-it-works/ – convert aeroplan and TD Travel Rewards Program points to tuition
- fundyourfuture.ca – Various contests give students the opportunity to win money
- www.myblueprint.ca – Various scholarships and contests
- https://www.electronicinfo.ca/assets/files/documents/scholarships.pdf – 88 pages of scholarships awarded by each university
2019/2020 Scholarship, Bursary, Award information
If you are applying for any scholarships/bursaries listed below, please inform Mrs. Pietrobon-Flynn. If you would like information on last years scholarships, please click the following (LINK)
Scholarship: Loran Scholars Foundation
- Date Received: September 6, 2019
- Deadline: October 17, 2019
- Website: https://loranscholar.ca/
- Based on character, service, and leadership.
- Renewable for up to four years, with a total value of $100,000. Each Loran Award includes:
- An annual stipend of $10,000
- A matching tuition waiver from one of 25 partner universities
- Personal mentorship from a Canadian leader
- Access to our network and up to $10,000 in funding for summer internships in three different sectors
- An orientation expedition through Algonquin Park
- Annual retreats and scholar gatherings
Nomination packages are available in Student Services and are due to Mrs. Pietrobon-Flynn by Wednesday, September 25 at 3:00. Students who do not wish to be sponsored can apply to the “direct pool” (deadline October 24th). Please view their website for more information and online application:
Scholarship: Horatio Alger Scholarship Programs
- Date Received: September 23, 2019
- Deadline: October 25, 2019
- Website: www.horatioalger.ca/en/scholarships/
Offers financial assistance to students in need who show integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. Student must be involved in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. Student must be graduating in the spring/summer and attending a bachelor program next fall. Minimum average of 65% required. Online registration required.
Scholarship: Schulich Leader Scholarships
- Date Received: September 19, 2019
- Deadline: November 29, 2019 and January 29, 2020
- Website: www.schulichleaders.com
Student must be nominated; 1 nomination per school. For students enrolling in STEM programs at a partner university. Nominees must meet 2 of the 3 criteria: 1) Academic Excellence 2) Leadership 3) Financial Need. *Note: Nominees must not be planning a career as a medical practitioner. Application packages are available in Student Services or can be completed using the link below.
Scholarship: The Cover Guy
- Date Received: October 23, 2019
- Deadline: July 1, 2020
- Website: https://www.thecoverguy.com/en-ca/the-cover-guy-annual-scholarship/
- Student must be enrolled in a program at a university, college or trade school in Canada or the United States
- The applicant must submit an article consisting of 500-1000 words about his/her experience with hot tubs, backyard experiences, how hot tubs improve life, etc…
- See the website for more information:
Scholarship: Queen’s Chancellor’s Award
- Date Received: October 28, 2019
- Deadline: November 5, 2019
- Website: https://www.queensu.ca/studentawards/admission-awards/major-admission-awards
This is the date nomination forms are due in Student Services. BR can nominate a maximum of 2 students. See attached for nomination form or pick one up in Student Services beginning Oct. 29. Students must demonstrate considerable leadership experiences, meaningful volunteer work, and have an average of 90% or higher.
Application due – November 5, 2019
Scholarship: Burger King Scholar
- Date Received: October 31, 2019
- Deadline: December 15, 2019
- Website: https://bk-scholars.com/
- Have a strong academic record with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5.
- Must be active in the community: volunteering, sports, clubs, religious organizations
- Be a high school senior, BURGER KING® employee, spouse/domestic partner or child of an employee
Scholarship: Terry Fox Humanitarian Award
- Date Received: November 19, 2019
- Deadline: February 1, 2020
- Website: https://terryfoxawards.ca/applicant-information/
To be considered for the Award, applicants must meet be:
- In good academic standing.
- Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
- Students graduating from high school or students who have completed high school
- Involved in voluntary humanitarian activities (for which they have not been compensated).
- Planning to or are already studying towards their first university degree or diploma at a Canadian post-secondary institution
- Online application
- 3 referees needed
- Transcript required
- $28,000 over 4 years
Scholarship: Western National Scholarship Program
- Date Received: November 21, 2019
- Deadline 1: Tuesday January 7, 2020 – 3:00pm Nomination package due in Student Services
- Deadline 2: February 14, 2020 – Application Due
- Website: https://studentservices.uwo.ca/NationalScholarshipStudent/Students/NSIntroPage.cfm
- Student must be nominated and we can nominate up to 4 individuals. Nomination packages are available in Student Services. Please see Mrs. Pietrobon-Flynn if you are applying to be nominated.
- 90% minimum overall average on Gr. 12 U/M courses.
- “National Scholarships are designed to recognize all-round excellence. They are awarded on the basis of outstanding academic performance to candidates who demonstrate ability for creative and innovative thought and a passion for the pursuit of learning. National Scholarships also recognize exceptional achievement in extracurricular activities such as the arts and athletics. A special emphasis is placed on a candidate’s commitment to community service through ongoing contributions to school and community life.”
- Note that there is an extensive application package for these awards. As part of the package, students are required to write a 1000-1250 word research essay.
Scholarship: RBC Indigenous Student Awards Program
- Date Received: January 10th, 2020
- Deadline: February 28th, 2020
- Website: www.GoToApply.ca/RBC
- Selection based on personal and academic achievement and financial need
- Open to: Status Indians, Non-status Indians, Inuit and Metis students
- Up to $4,000 per academic year for 2-4 years
Scholarship: Young Scholar Award
- Date Received: January 30th, 2020
- Deadline: February 5th, 2020
- Website: http://www.young-scholar.com/our-scholarships/young-scholar-award/
- Open to all high school students in Ontario who plan on pursuing post-secondary education
- Recognizes students who demonstrate exemplary leadership qualities and who have made a significant contribution to their school and community
- Online application
- 2 reference letters needed, 1 from the school, 1 from the community
- 4 short answer responses required
- Transcript needed
Scholarship: Milton Chamber of Commerce
- Date Received: January 31st, 2020
- Deadline: April 3rd, 2020
- Website: https://www.miltonchamber.ca/about-milton-chamber/scholarship-fund/
- Six $1,000 scholarships awarded to Milton students attending their first year of post-secondary education; 3 categories: one for a student from each Milton high school, one for a high school student registered in an Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program and one for a child of a Chamber member.
- Students must exhibit: Academic Achievement · Community, school and business involvement · Leadership
- List of achievements you have received in the last three years, academic or otherwise.
- Describe your school related activities and identify your significant contributions both to school and community.
- One-page typed essay of 250 words on the following topic: Discuss the role of the Chamber of Commerce in our community.
- Two letters of endorsement provided by non-related parties (teacher, community leader, counsellor, etc.) which support your academic/extra-curricular achievement and community/volunteer work.
Scholarship: Canadian Federation of University Women
- Date Received: February 6th, 2020
- Deadline: April 30th, 2020
- Website: www.cfuwmilton.ca
- Female high school graduates pursuing university, college, or trade school
- Must demonstrate excellent academic achievement
- Outstanding school and community leadership and citizenship qualities
- To apply: complete application, short essay required, 2 letters of reference needed, transcript
Scholarship: Jean Lumb Foundation
- Date Received: February 12th, 2020
- Deadline: May 18th, 2020
- Website: www.jeanlumbfoundation.ca
- Female high school students of Chinese heritage
- Open to students in Grades 9-12
- Seven award categories valued at $1,000 each
- Excellence in academics, athletics, arts, community services, dignity of life, defense of the environment, and innovation
- Reference letters (2) needed
Scholarship: Dr. BF Lawrence International Summer Science Institute
- Date Received: February 14th, 2020
- Deadline: March 1st, 2020
- Website: https://www.weizmann.ca/international-summer-science-institute/
- Selected students will spend the month of July working with scientific leaders at the world-renowned Weizmann Institute of Science
- Students must be 18 yrs. old and in good health.
- The application is extensive and includes a transcript and 2 letters of recommendation, among other items.
Scholarship: Toronto Real Estate Board
- Date Received: February 27th, 2020
- Deadline: March 27st, 2020
- Website: http://www.trebhome.com/index.php/about-treb/scholarships
- 2 x $5000 scholarship
- 2 x $2500 scholarship
- Open to Gr. 12 students pursuing post-secondary education after graduation
- Applicants must possess a range of leadership qualities and community involvement
- essay on a GTA housing related topic
Scholarship: University of Guelph Entrance Scholarships
- Date Received: April 2nd, 2020
- Deadline: April 15th, 2020
- Website: https://admission.uoguelph.ca/lang-entrance-scholarships
- This application is open to students entering any program offered by the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics who have achieved a minimum 80% admission average, and demonstrate ethical leadership and business principles. Please visit the Student Financial Services website for more information on who is eligible to apply. Applications and the supporting documents must be emailed to email@example.com by April 15, 2020