Students and staff from the Halton Catholic District School Board (HCDSB) will be celebrating International Day of People with Disabilities on Friday, December 3rd and throughout the week (November 29 – December 3, 2021).
HCDSB schools will be participating in a variety of learning activities next week to raise awareness, and support the rights and significant contributions of persons with disabilities. This year, the theme for International Day of People with Disabilities is:
Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities toward an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 world.
How HCDSB is Celebrating International Day of People with Disabilities
Here are some of the themes and topics that will be recognized next week:
- Viewing disabilities (both visible and invisible) through a different lens
- Promoting meaningful acceptance and inclusion in our schools (i.e., building friendships and fostering independence)
- Celebrating intellectual disabilities
- Mental health related to disabilities
- Removing systemic barriers