Hello Assumption Families,
Welcome to a brand new school year! On behalf of our staff at Assumption Catholic Secondary school, our administrative team would like to welcome all of our new and returning students our school this September. This re-opening is doubly exciting, as our students will be entering our fully completed, newly renovated school building.
We know that the return to school this year will be a different experience as our schools battle the Covid- 19 pandemic with increased safety measures; we are working hard to provide a safe re-entry in September.
To help get the new school year off to a positive start, we wish to share the following important information:
- Assumption’s daily school schedule has been adjusted to accommodate the new quadmester schedule for students in our adaptive learning model. Please note that the school building will not be open for students to enter until 8:05 am. Please see the attached schedule for school hours.
- To ensure social distancing, Assumption has been divided into zones. With the exception of emergencies, students will enter and exit the school building as per an assigned entrance/exit door in their zone. Students must strictly adhere to these entrance/exit requirements. Students will access the washroom assigned to each zone. Please see the chart and a map of student zones below.
- There will be no assigned lockers this year. Students are encouraged to bring only the items they need to school every day and will keep their belongings with them in the class in a backpack. Students are encouraged to bring a refillable water bottle with them daily as access to water fountains will be restricted to bottle filling stations. Peanut/nut free snacks are also permitted.
- There will be no lunch period as students are dismissed by 11:35 am. There will be no cafeteria/food services offered.
- There will be no gatherings of students during the school day and we request that all students physically distance promptly once entering and exiting the school building. Social distancing practices must be adhered to throughout the school building. Markings throughout the building are present.
- Due to the restrictions on the number of people who can gather for assemblies or presentations, our orientation for our new students will be done virtually via posted videos on our school website and social media platforms. Thank you to or Ambassadors and staff advisors who have worked hard to prepare a welcome for our incoming students.
- The Assumption used uniform sale will be postponed to a later date.
- Students with surnames beginning from A-K have been assigned to Cohort A if they have not chosen the virtual only option. Students with surnames beginning L-Z have been assigned to Cohort B if they have not chosen the virtual only option. Students who have selected the virtual, only on-line option will be assigned to Cohort C.
Thank you to all parents and guardians who were able to complete the online survey indicating whether your child/children will be learning on-line or in-class in person. We will continue to share information about policies, procedures and protocols with you as we receive them. Please also refer to the HCDSB Re-opening of School Plan posted on our Assumption and School Board websites.
The Assumption Staff is excited to see all of you!
The Admin Team